MAAD Culture Part I

I realized that as we crossed into the 21st century, my fellow black and latino folk are somewhat confused as what our collective identity is..

Allow me to introduce myself...I am She Who Is Outside the Matrix. Please...no pictures. Genuflect accordingly...

Seriously...Some of you guys got sucked into the mainstream machine...

I'm sick of folks having to be stereotypically black ( or anything “normal”) in order to please their race. I'd just like to be a human being and not really care if Beyonce and JZ are fucking, or what the next insipid R&B fad is, or yelling about racism or 40''s and blunts and bling bling and east coast/west coast bullshit...I'm over it. I'm going to identify myself as "other" if I'm asked...

Many American blacks don't ever get their heads out of the drama long enough to care. Its true, black people have all the rights and opportunities that whites do, it's just that they don't BELIEVE that they do. Self hating, self-fulfilling prophecy, kicked dog syndrome, what ever you want to call it...The bling bling gold and diamonds thing that you see all through black culture is a over reaction to success and trying to show that we have stuff. It's sad really, we used to have chains put around our necks as slaves, and now we covered them in gold and diamonds (the same diamonds that black people in Africa die every day for) and put them on ourselves. Do you see the sick psychology of it all?

Why do you think they are so easily led and fooled? I got to watch the whole White Power block they had on the History channel. The Klan started in the early 1900's in Tennessee as a pseudo Masonic order for white guys in the newly slave freed South...ok...got it. That's fine, but it grew out of fear, manipulation, bribes, violence, etc. What of the targets of that hate?

The minute we are freed as a people, of any race, at any point in history, there is a group ready to stuff it out of existence because it feels THREATNED by it. I wonder why, in a time when we know and see people of all races having the same struggles and problems, do we still choose to irrationally hate a group of people...you perpetuate the same pathology even though it's been proven otherwise. Self hate is at the root of all this, friends...You fear your alleged enemy is ready to take your stuff; your blessed white virtuous women (who you then get drunk and beat the shit out of and denigrate and control). You brand US as savages...curious mind-set, no? Well it happened…and check out Strom Thurman and his mind set…they just didn't discuss it back then, eh?

I have friends of all persuasions, including canine... It's just silly and ignorant to think that anyone of a certain race is the stereotype...I'm black and I can't stand some black people either, its all people trying to sound controversial... If you are white and really want to hate black people, who cares? Those that wish the worst on others usually catch it worse in the end... Happy Hating! (Maybe I should start a line of racist greeting cards..."Congrats on your latest lynching...") Not really interested in being white...I'd only wind up stealing black culture to be cool anyway...better to be at the source...

But at what point, once school is over with, do you realize that you were being led to believe that we weren't taught anything and therefore are dumber than white kids who learned everything? Such shit.. If you want to learn something, you learn it...The Internet does not know if you are black or went to a bad school. The information is there. Black folks need to get on with it already and realize even if we knew about every black thing that "whitey" kept from us it still ain't gonna stop us from staying stuck.

Slavery was bad..lawd yes..

But it's all in the mind..