Remaining a Maiden until further notice...

After much thought, I’ve concluded that marriage, as it's popularly seen in this country, is a sham. It's a joke. Women get married because they can't bear to be alone and men get married cause they a) knocked her up, or b) got tired of chasing pussy and settled for the chick that hung around the longest. It is really not in anyone's best interest to get married. I have folks in my family who have been together for 30 years and only got married cause their kids begged them to before the grandbabies were born. They just stayed together cause they WANTED to!!

I saw the flip side of what mommy saw. I saw how they would totally forget Valentine's Day or an anniversary and how they would try to think of something romantic to do that was lame, or they had just argued about something and dad is like "Fuck her, and Valentine's Day.." Romance is pink stuff and roses, and champagne moonlight. It seems so trite.

Marriage scares the hell out of me. I hate people who get married and become this stupid couple unit that only hangs out with other couple units and do couply things. They dress alike and don't do or say anything without consulting each other...sickening. I could only marry a guy if he was incredibly laid back and knew when to leave me alone because I like my solitude. It's good to be alone. My friend's husbands are either up their asses constantly or never there and seeing some other chick...no thanks. And the wedding, that's just an excuse for a chick to get all dressed up and fussed over and get presents and wind up acting like an hysterical cunt because everything isn't PERFECT (cause she's been planning it since she was 5). Why not just throw yourself kick ass birthday party? At least you get to do that every year. The day I decide to get married I'm having a kegger/barbeque with a drunken karoke reception.

What's always gotten me about people with kids is that they act as though it was something beyond their control and out of their hands. SHE just GOT pregnant, AGAIN. I don't have children and I'm glad. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CHILDREN and they love me back. I'm a great Babysitter/Auntie/Teacher kind of woman. All those years of experience helping to teach other's neglected and confused kids, and looking at them not as annoying little mouths to feed, but as adorable little humans who didn't ask to be born here but were. They need a spiritual ally to help them learn how to understand the fucked up world they will unintentionally inherit. I am in no position to be a mother to anyone in a traditional sense, not financially, anyway...

Motherhood for some women in our society is a scary proposition because you must be able to plan on supporting it if it's father decides he's no longer interested in dealing with you anymore. I would love to think that I could have a child and count on being "taken care of" for the rest of my life, but it's not real. Real is that the life you built depending on the same routine for the next 18 years is not a given. My life has gone through many tight financial moments that I THANK GOD I didn't have a child to take through with me. It was just me and my problem and I take the hit. To think of what my poor baby would have to deal with….You absolutely MUST not only be ready, but able and willing to raise a child. People who have kids and use them as an excuse not to progress their own maturity are stupid and are an unfortunate by product of human population...