It’s one of those Important Years. Elections, Olympics, and war deadlines loom. I preface this rant with the acknowledgement that I could have countless facts to support my claim, and can waste a lot of time listing all of it, but I choose to simply have my opinion. Which is thus:
Politics suck. Politicians give you a sliver of the truth that you can identify with, and then they gently slip in their agenda or slanted view. While you are still agreeing with the sliver of truth, they start warping it. If it’s a Black president, white president, yellowish-puce president, who cares? What I find insidious is how everyone who goes into politics, no matter how idealistic and fair they might start out, winds up playing games with people’s lives and tax dollars.
I think that if we had some sort of economic crisis in the country, they'd legalize weed, maybe just temporarily, to raise cash. They’d capitalize on misery, like PROHIBITION! Do you see how the cycle starts? This is the problem: all the so-called mature, smart, political people are somehow CONNECTED TO THE PROBLEM...Smart mature people who were once all the people in the 60’sand 70’s doing all the drugs and now outlawing it because they don't want to be responsible for the outcome.
Former "rebels" who now toe the line because they realized they got old and became the age they once didn’t trust. I had to learn to take the human condition into a larger scope than that. People just don’t understand why the THEORY isn't working. It's the reality that the DRUG TRADE MAKES MORE MONEY THAN THE GOVERNMENT, AND THEY'LL DO SOMETHING UNDERHANDED ABOUT IT, ESPECIALLY IF WE ARE HARD UP FOR CASH...I love my country, but dirtier deeds have been done in the name of money.
I hate politics...I think the whole thing is a caricature of what government is supposed to be. Conservatives are conservative because they don't want anything to change and Liberals want change for the sake of principle, but don't know how to implement the changes. Either side you choose has a blind spot that the other exploits for gain. I say we find some alternative for a real governing/financial system in this country or we will go the way of every other empire on this planet. Do some research on the rise and fall of Egypt, Rome, and Britain and see if you don't see alarming similarities.
I'd vote for anyone who would make social security optional for anyone under the age of 40. I'd vote for anyone who can win the good favor and cooperation of the entire world back. I'd vote for someone who found a way for all people to have health insurance and work. I’d vote for someone who felt it was more important to keep our shit safe HERE and not "peacekeeping" in three different other countries. Finally, I'd vote for anyone who would use the lauded "weed etiquette" financial plan called Potometrics. Simply put, if you based the economic system of the US on basic weed rules, we might just have something...Have enough for everybody, take your share and pass it on, quality over quantity, and what you give out comes back.
Label me what you like...people are sheep and will vote for fools who take them for everything they got. There's gotta be another way..